Escalator/Stair Refurbishment, Wellgate Shopping Centre, Dundee – St James Place (UK) Plc
St James Place (UK) Plc
The escalators were replaced with staircases to improve the fire escape strategy for the Centre, reduce running costs and provide a healthier alternative to customers.
The project was technically challenging as the central escalators had to remain fully operational during trading hours and the construction site was situated in the heart of the busy shopping centre mall. The works were completed on budget and the client was very satisfied with the manner in which the project ran and the final result.
Our services in summary comprised;
- Provision of initial design, budget costs and outline design concept in association with the Architect.
- Appointment of design team.
- PM of initial disruptive investigations to confirm assumptions with initial structural design.
- Adopted the role of Project Manager, Contract Administrator and Cost Consultant in respect of the works.
- Adopted the role of Principal Designer in execution of Client duties under CDM Regulations.
- Management of complex works on a live shopping centre .
- Cost reporting and certification of payments from landlord.