Whitecross Building Consultancy are currently looking to recruit a Chartered Building Surveyor or Senior Building Surveyor to join our Glasgow office to work closely with our team. A broad range of experience awaits working on a number of professional instructions and projects across all sectors. If you are looking for variety and innovative challenges, then Whitecross BC can offer a rewarding career in Building Surveying.
We are investing in our employees and we will make sure you will never stop learning and progressing as part of our team. Working with like-minded, equally passionate professionals, no two projects are the same and each will bring its own challenges and its own opportunities. If you are looking for challenging and rewarding surveying work on a wide range of property types and within various sectors, you will feel very at home here.
To be considered you must have excellent communication and teamwork skills, with a sound technical competence and the desire to develop your knowledge of Building Surveying. This is an incredible opportunity to work in a progressive company with an excellent client base.
Assisting with all aspects of Building Surveying work, including coordinating building condition surveys, preparing specifications and drawings along with project work, you will support your colleagues across Building Surveying to ensure we meet the needs and demands of our clients. Additionally, a commercial awareness and the ability to work on your own with the support of the wider team is essential.
- Working across several projects in different sectors providing a range of building surveying duties.
- Supporting the lead surveyor and independently undertaking various refurbishment projects including briefing clients, feasibility studies, preparing specifications, co-ordinating consultants, budget cost advise, tendering and acting as Contract Administrator.
- Assisting with the preparation and submitting applications for Planning and Building Control consents.
- Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules and provide professional services on behalf of clients.
- Inspecting properties in relation to defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports.
- Dilapidations, including the preparation of schedules and recording schedules of condition
- Preparing Planned Maintenance Surveys
- The preparation of drawings in AutoCAD
- Supporting the other surveying team members in their day-to-day activities
- Business development and client relationships.
- Adherence to company procedures.
- 1 -2 years PQE experience as a minimum
- Sound technical surveying knowledge and appropriate building surveying experience.
- Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a commercial awareness.
- Good report writing skills and knowledge of drafting technical documents.
- Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to team working.
- A full driving licence and prepared to travel as required
- Good IT skills, Word, Excel, MS Project and AutoCAD LT as a minimum
- Be enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are aware that there may be many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements, including a mix of office and home working and would welcome applications from such candidates.
Please forward a covering letter and full CV detailing appropriate experience to email@example.com by close of business on Friday 30th April 2021.